Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Struggles



The pressure I put on myself to perform at a certain level when in a matter of time I fall down like a crumpled and toppled over building to my knees and cry "WHY ME?", to God. I put stuff on my plate that doesn't need to be there in exchange for the things that should. What in this moment is of real importance, real significance? “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Does it matter that a folded pile of laundry has been on my couch for nearly 3 days... well maybe. Whens the last time I soaked up some divine words, living water from the Holy One? Too long, maybe?


Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


Is this why I struggle?
Is this why I fail to do the basics?
I grumble.
Complain.
Pity me... She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”


Do I fail to recognize what the water really is?


Do I doubt it's power?


yes.


I think we do this daily. You must know as I do that we are human, fallen by sin and only by Christ we truly live. You must know?


 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”




Why do I struggle?


He knows ME, He knows me.
“Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did."




Am I living in the Spirit of God?
Am I, not just once a day, but throughout the day setting me heart on Him, on things above me, this world I am in. 
whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.


AT HIS FEET.
She (Martha) had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.


Am I resting in Him, in His never ending unfailing love that consumes like a fire cleansing our very being? 


Why try to jump higher than I'm meant to... 
my God is peace, not PERFORMANCE.



    Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”



REST not anxiety


CHRIST


I can't do it on my own. 


(NIV) JOHN 4 and LUKE 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...